Tuesday 29 March 2011

A milestone and other things to look forward to

First things first: I've crossed the 100-mark! 




Yes, I've sold over hundred books, 101 to be precise, which makes about £40 to donate to Japan so far. It's not much, but it's better than nothing, right?
The best thing is: nobody has thrown it back into my face with the words, 'that's the biggest piece of shite I've ever come across!' So that's another good thing.

To all of you who bought Excuse me, where is the exit? Thank you. Keep spreading the word.

Since this goes well and hopefully will stay like this, I'm working feverishly on my first novel No Wings Attached. A very lovely beta reader (thank you, Alice) has helped me to see again after I went, literally, blind. I knew there were some things that needed fixing, but I couldn't see them anymore.
The first novel certainly is a little bugger and I think you will understand that I was ready to throw it into the Thames after the 13th time I've been through it. Now, I just want to get it out there. I love this book, it's funny, it's romantic, it's different -- just something you want to snuggle up with. I wrote it for me and I do enjoy a good book. If you do say so yourself, you might think. Yes, if I don't believe in myself, who else will, then?

My deadline for publishing is the 1st of May. I need those schedules to push myself, otherwise my best friend Procrastination will divert my focus into any other direction. Not acceptable as there is a sequel to be written, as well as the next book of comical short stories and my latest novel is in dire need of an edit.
This should keep me busy or a while; please stop by every now and then. I'm always glad when someone visits my humble red blog.

4 comments:

  1. 'that's the biggest piece of shite I've ever come across!' - didn't want you to be disappointed in your public. Roll on the novel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a shite package-deal, right?

    You know the novel. I'm glad you hate it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the milestone! I downloaded a sample to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan. And welcome :-) I hope you like what you read.

    You still haven't told me how to get this object of desire. haha

    ReplyDelete