Saturday 26 May 2012

Waiting for the bratwurst to come...

YES! The summer's here. Finally. It's hot in London and there's not a single cloud in sight. Perfect weather for gardening, which means brushing up the tan (getting sunburned), have a lazy afternoon with a few beers or in my case, shandy, and come home hungry as if you haven't eaten in days. So much that I grabbed the big fat German Bratwürste from my local Tesco when all I wanted was to get some mozzarella for my salad. I think I never climbed the stairs that quickly, and as soon as I came in I ripped the electric barbecue from its box and just minutes later, the Bratwürste were sizzling away. In the meantime, I made the salad. 
Do you know the feeling of delicious smell having you drool? I mean I almost ate those bloody sausages raw. And why is it that we always want to barbecue when it's sunny? Or is it just me? I can eat piles of meat, vegetables and salad in the summer. No need for anything else. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share that I really enjoy the wonderful weather. Hope you have a fine weekend, too. I think I'll have to pass on the garden tomorrow, my skin will thank me for that. Time to catch up on the writing anyway.
But I'm thinking about bringing the dragon with me on Monday.That'll be interesting. He's normally so laid back, but I don't know how he'll react to the outside. Of course I'll have to have a makeshift leash since it only needs something or someone to spook him and I (nobody) wouldn't be fast enough to catch him. Don't want him to escape and jump to death. Although there might be a story in a suicidal iguana...


I'll report on the adventures of Zorro.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard these cold-blooded creatures can get very frisky in the hot weather!

    "In the Summertime, you've got women, you've got women on your mind."

    Mungo Jerry (lizard expert)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my dear, been hiding again? All well?

      Despite him currently being in mating season, I doubt he'll pay much attention to me on the roof. Far too many things to discover. Guess, if he's relaxed, it'll take about an hour to check out the place (his pace).

      Delete